KD98 - 1 1/8" Stainless Steel Grating
Section 12 48 16
Entrance Floor Grilles
Furnish and install KD98 Stainless Steel Grating as manufactured as manufactured by Kadee Industries, Walton Hills, Ohio 44146.
Phone: (800) 321-3827
Tread Material manufactured from Type 304 Stainless Steel .071" x .177" surface wires spaced with a .125" slot opening and resistance welded to .070" x 1.0" Type 304 Stainless Steel support rods spaced 1" on center. Assemblies include hidden or visual lockdowns manufactured from Type 304 Stainless Steel with stainless steel machine screws.
Framing (options as listed)
1-5/8" deep embedded frames manufactured from Extruded 6063-T6 Aluminum for permanent recessed installation, furnished with corner connectors, splice plates and anchorage devices.
Welded frames fabricated from
1-1/4" x 1-1/4" x 1/8" thick Type 304 Stainless Steel angle with 1" x 1/8" intermediate members and splice plates as required, furnished with grouting strap anchors for a permanent recessed application.
Knock down perimeter frames fabricated from 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" x 1/8" thick Type 304 Stainless Steel angle with corner joints coped and fitted.
Drainage Pit Frames
1-5/8" deep embedded frames manufactured from Extruded 6063-T6 Aluminum for permanent recessed installation, furnished with corner connectors, splice plates and anchorage devices and welded intermediate framing supports 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 3/16" aluminum angle spaced no greater than 2'0" on center.
Welded frames fabricated from
1-1/4" x 1-1/4" x 1/8" thick Type 304 Stainless Steel angle with 1" x 1/8" intermediate members and splice plates as required, furnished with grouting strap anchors for a permanent recessed application and welded intermediate framing members manufactured from 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 2/16" Type 304 Stainless Steel angle spaced no greater than 3'0" on center for a uniform floor load of 300 lbf/sq ft. and no greater than 2'0" on center for a uniform floor load of 500 lbf/sq ft.
Drain Pans (options as listed)
Manufactured from 16 gage aluminum sheet or 16 gage Type 304 Stainless Steel may be used as pit liners in Level Bed applications or Drain Pans in Drainage Pit applications.
Stainless steel grating is provided with a Polished No. 4 Finish. Stainless steel frames are provided with a stainless steel mill No. 2 Finish. Aluminum frames are provided with a standard Mill Finish or available in Clear or Bronze Class 1 Anodized Finishes.
Information updated August 10, 2015 (install. update)
5 years. For details CLICK HERE
Kadee Industries SSS Clean Tread Model KD98 Stainless Steel Grating helps to minimize and control the entry of pollutants into buildings by capturing dirt and particulates at regularly used entrances.
- Self cleaning design keeps dirt, water, slush and mud away from the walking surface and reduces maintenance costs.
- Surface wires are evenly spaced to provide an ADA compliant entry system and safe support for canes, wheelchairs, crutches and other walking aids.
- Designed with 59.9% open area for registers and water features. Custom wire spacing available as a special order item.
- Type 304 Stainless Steel's resistance to corrosion and staining, low maintenance, and finish luster make it an ideal material for most architectural applications. Type 316 stainless steel grating is available as a special order for applications in highly corrosive environments.
- Versatile design allows for both level bed and drainage pit applications.
- Kadee Industries manufactures each unit to order to insure a proper fit and application for each individual project.
- Slip Resistant with a minimum Coefficient of Friction of 0.6 in dry and wet testing.
- Rolling Load Capacity - 1,000 lbs. per wheel.
- Entrance Mats : Level Bed or Drainage Pit Applications
- Trench Drain Grilles
- Tree Grates
- Swimming Pool Grates
- Revolving Doors
- Air Grilles
Drawings for Download:
Additional product information and drawings are available upon request.
Carpet, Vinyl and Anodized Charts are for reference only. Colors may vary based on your monitor and/or printer.
Samples are available upon request.